[elephant-devel] "file is not of required architecture"

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Thu Nov 19 23:09:03 UTC 2009

Quoth Ian Eslick <eslick at media.mit.edu>:
> The reason I asked for the my-config.sexp is that the my-config you
> forwarded some time ago below will fail in the way you are talking
> about (undefined symbols as well as unrecognized arguments) because
> this file is telling it to use BDB 4.5 headers to talk to 4.7
> libraries.  BDB changes the constant mapping with every .X increment
> requiring some manual work and a condition to test for which version
> of the constants to use.

Yes, I did an 'M-x replace-string 45 RET 47 RET' on config.sexp and lived with
the results for a while before picking up on that.  (I think the gods were
conspiring against me for a while back there!)

Still, I hope you agree that some good has come of it all.  Thanks for your
support in any case.

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.