[elephant-devel] "file is not of required architecture"

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Thu Nov 12 16:47:55 UTC 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Sebastian Tennant wrote:

> Quoth Robert Synnott <rsynnott at gmail.com>:
>> If you install BDB from Oracle's source, you might get a 64bit build (or have
>> the option to ask for one in the configuration stage). I gather that MacPorts
>> hasn't been adapted too well for Snow Leopard as yet.
>
> Noted, although I'm not actually running Snow Leopard.
>
> Any idea what the magic incantation to ./compile is, or which file I should
> look in to find out?

1. get bdb 4.7

Direct link; if it doesn't work use the index page:
http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.7.25.tar.gz

Index page:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/db/index.html

2. unpack into /usr/local/src (or wherever)

Build docs are at

file:///usr/local/src/db-4.7.25/docs/ref/build_unix/intro.html

(or wherever you put it)

3. cd to db-4.7.25/build_unix

4. use the following command line to configure, where $ is the shell prompt

$ CFLAGS="-arch x86_64" LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64" ../dist/configure

Then proceed normally (e.g., make, then sudo make install).