[elephant-devel] "file is not of required architecture"

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Thu Nov 12 13:48:17 UTC 2009

Quoth "Leslie P. Polzer" <sky at viridian-project.de>:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 06:35:38PM +0000, Sebastian Tennant wrote:
>> I've installed MacPort's db47 but am getting the same error as before:
> Are you sure that it's compiled for 64bit?

I've no doubt that's what the problem is.

My Mac is a 64-bit machine but installing BerkeleyDB 4.7.X (db47) using
MacPorts appears not to take advantage of its 64-bit capability:

 $ file /opt/local/lib/db47/libdb-4.7.dylib
 Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386

But when elephant is compiled, it definitely builds 64-bit dynamic libraries:

 $ file /Users/admin/cl/clbuild/source/elephant/src/memutil/libmemutil.dylib
 Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64

Do you know how to either force a 64-bit build of BerkeleyDB 4.7 (from source)
or force elephant to compile a 32-bit libmemutil.dylib?

Regards,

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.