[elephant-devel] unique object IDs and OIDs

Tomo Matsumoto tomoyuki28jp at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:45:15 UTC 2009

> It does return NIL for me, at least with BDB on 1.0-latest:
>
> ? (ele::controller-recreate-instance *store-controller* 555555)
> NIL

Oh, I was trying with the classname optional parameter, and it
recreates an instance when there is no instance associated with the
oid.
ex: (ele::controller-recreate-instance *store-controller* 555555 'classname)

What I have been looking for is tihs:
(defun get-instance-by-oid (class oid)
  (awhen (ele::controller-recreate-instance *store-controller* oid)
    (when (typep it class)
      it)))

Thanks for your help, Leslie!

Tomo