[elephant-devel] Possible problem with my setup...

Robert Boone robo4288 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 02:28:13 UTC 2009

After making many mistakes I finally got elephant to build using
berkley db 4.7. I have run across a problem that I hope someone can
help me with.
The first time I try to make a persistent it fails with this error:

There is no class named MY-PERSISTENT-CLASS.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
 0: [RETRY] Retry SLIME interactive evaluation request.
 1: [ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.
 2: [TERMINATE-THREAD] Terminate this thread (#<THREAD "worker"
RUNNING {121EECC9}>)

If I choose retry everything works the way it should. Am I doing
something wrong? This is the configuration I used to build elephant:

;; OSX Defaults
#+(and (or sbcl allegro openmcl lispworks) (not (or mswindows windows
win32)) (or macosx darwin))
((:compiler . :gcc)
(:berkeley-db-version . "4.7")
(:berkeley-db-include-dir . "/opt/local/include/db47")
(:berkeley-db-lib-dir . "/opt/local/lib/db47")
(:berkeley-db-lib . "/opt/local/lib/db47/libdb-4.7.dylib")
(:berkeley-db-deadlock . "/opt/local/bin/db47_deadlock")
(:berkeley-db-cachesize . 20971520)
(:berkeley-db-max-locks . 2000)
(:berkeley-db-max-objects . 2000)
(:berkeley-db-map-degree2 . t)
(:berkeley-db-mvcc . nil)
(:clsql-lib-paths . nil)
(:prebuilt-libraries . nil))

I'm using sbcl 1.0.25 with threads on Mac OS X compiled from source.

Any clue to what I'm doing wrong will be helpful.

Robert