[elephant-devel] CLSQL Store

alain.picard at accenture.com alain.picard at accenture.com
Fri Jan 16 03:18:15 UTC 2009

I simply do not see how you can read it this way.
I'm reading
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/htdocs/li
censing.html and note this paragraph:

The our open source license permits you to use Berkeley DB, Berkeley DB
Java Edition or Berkeley DB XML at no charge under the condition that if
you use the software in an application you redistribute, the complete
source code for your application must be available and freely
redistributable under reasonable conditions.

and

What must I release as open source?

Under the open source license, you must release the complete source code
for the application that uses Berkeley DB, Berkeley DB Java Edition or
Berkeley DB XML. You do not need to release the source code for
components that are generally installed on the operating system on which
your application runs, such as system header files or libraries

I can't see that saying that "elephant uses DBD", and my app uses
elephant, so I don't have to release the sources to my app is in
accordance with the above license.

I'm deeply interested in finding out where Oracle states those
"friendly terms" you are referring to.  Can you post a pointer?

Thanks,
         Alain Picard