[elephant-devel] Querying for objects on two slots

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Wed Jan 14 19:03:28 UTC 2009

 IE> Alex, what would the issues be for the postmodern backend?
 IE>   Could we use a behind the scenes convert-to-string strategy so we had
 IE> a common API for indexing on tuples?

doing it in "proper way" (sorting on multiple columns) will be quite hard
in postmodern, as it means complicating cursor stuff even further.
as least i don't know how to do this anyhow easy.

so if you know how to do this converting everything to strings and sorting
them (if i understand you correctly),
it would be much better. does it need any support from backend or it should
work totally transparently?

p.s.  i've fixed the nasty upgrade-btree issue for postmodern, now i'm
reviewing stuff, testing
and fixing leftover small issues, so i hope soon postmodern would be
"ready".

by the way, my email killerstorm at newmail.ru went down few days ago, so if
anybody wants to communicate with me it would be better to use
alex.mizrahi at gmail.com
address instead.