[elephant-devel] Removing indexes from existing classes

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Wed Jan 7 08:15:14 UTC 2009

Re-evaluating the class definition is sufficient.  The database
automatically synchronizes to the current class definition.

Beware!

When you remove a slot from the definition, or even rename it, the
values associated with the slot are dropped from all instances (unless
you've enabled lazy synchronization).  This is the same behavior as
normal standard lisp class so it seemed a reasonable starting place.

We should probably make sure there is an optional warning enabled by
default that warns at either redefinition time or at synchronization
time and tells the user what data will be lost when synchronization
occurs.

Ian