[elephant-devel] Announcing Elephant 1.0 Alpha 1

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Mon Jan 5 23:53:35 UTC 2009

We have just tagged the new elephant-1.0 repository with Elephant 1.0
Alpha 1 (ELEPHANT-1-0-A1.  There are some small known issues, but the
core code base has become fairly stable.  Please test this release out
on as many lisp/OS combination as you can, especially non-SBCL users.
We're sure to turn up some problems on untested configurations and
move to an Alpha 2 fairly quickly.

This release is a little less stable than 0.9.1 so unless you are
engaged in active development and don't mind a little churn, you may
want to wait for the first beta release before switching.  Many
problems in 0.9.1 have been fixed in the current 1.0 tree as well as
many new features.  Some advanced features are not yet reliable, but
will become so before the final release (associations, garbage
collection, query language, etc.)

Details of what is contained in this release can be found here:

http://common-lisp.net/project/elephant/news.html

Details of where to pull this release from can be found here:

http://common-lisp.net/project/elephant/downloads.html

Regards,