[elephant-devel] postmodern btree problem

Hugo Duncan hugo_duncan at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 16:50:09 UTC 2009

Changing to use elephant stable gets rid of the problem.  Not sure why I
was using unstable - I know I switched back and forth several times when
trying to get something to work when I started working with elephant.
Which of stable/unstable do you recommend using?

BTW, to use unstable I had remove the OIDS-ONLY argument from
PERSISTENT-SLOT-READER in pm-controller.lisp.

> also it might make sense to instrument function get-cached-instance a
> bit to know whether crippled pm-btree is recreated or just retrieved
> from cache. something like:

The code in unstable is different (and has a redundant AWHEN), but
instrumenting it shows that when the problem occurs, the crippled pm-btree
is being recreated (not in cache).

If there are any other tests you would like me to run, I would be happy to
do so.  In the meantime, I'll just use stable.

Many thanks for your help, and apologies for not having tried stable
before.

Hugo