[elephant-devel] Lisp-only data store (prototype)

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Thu Feb 5 13:44:04 UTC 2009

Would map functions, as described by leslie, accomplish the same thing
with a little rewrite?

I would say that we want some way for users of a current store in
elephant-unstable to migrate to elephant-1.0 - we do have a solid set
of postmodern users.  I'd be surprised if anyone is still using the
original 0.9.1 - but let's give it a few days and see if anyone shouts.

If you like I can look at migration in 0.9.1, but it will be a little
bit before I can get to it.

Would it make sense to include gp-export into elephant proper or make
it an easy option to load/use?  The online migration is a bit of a
pain to maintain over certain changes to the way the stores work; it
would be nice if we had a path that was less prone to error to bypass
code for complex backwards compatibility in the future if needed.

Ian