[elephant-devel] Elephant won't compile under Lispworks for Linux 5.1

Larry Clapp larry at theclapp.org
Tue Feb 3 01:41:38 UTC 2009

Is there anything I can do to improve on the below error report?  I'd
like to use elephant but it doesn't compile on Lispworks for Linux
5.1.  Am I missing something?  Any help appreciated.

-- Larry

----- Forwarded message from Larry Clapp <larry at theclapp.org> -----

> From: Larry Clapp <larry at theclapp.org>
> Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:30:36 -0500
> To: elephant-devel at common-lisp.net
> Subject: Elephant won't compile under Lispworks for Linux 5.1
>
> This appears to be similar to the error reported back in April 08
> (http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/elephant-devel/2008-April/003925.html).
>
> Search below for "++++ Error".
>
> -- Larry
>

> CL-USER 1 > (asdf :elephant)
[snip]
> ;;; Compiling file /home/lmc/lisp/elephant/elephant-1.0/src/elephant/classes.lisp ...
> ;;; Safety = 1, Speed = 3, Space = 1, Float = 1, Interruptible = 0
> ;;; Compilation speed = 0, Debug = 3, Fixnum safety = 3
> ;;; Source level debugging is on
> ;;; Source file recording is  on
> ;;; Cross referencing is on
> ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 0)
> ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 1)
> ; (DEFVAR ELEPHANT::*DEBUG-SI*)
> ; (METHOD INITIALIZE-INSTANCE :BEFORE (ELEPHANT:PERSISTENT))
> ; ELEPHANT::INITIAL-PERSISTENT-SETUP
> ; ELEPHANT::REGISTER-NEW-INSTANCE
> ; ELEPHANT::CHECK-VALID-STORE-CONTROLLER
> ; (DEFCLASS ELEPHANT:PERSISTENT-COLLECTION)
> ; (DEFCLASS ELEPHANT:PERSISTENT-OBJECT)
>
> **++++ Error in (DEFCLASS ELEPHANT::CACHEABLE-PERSISTENT-OBJECT):
>   Invalid allocation type INSTANCE for slot-definition-allocation
> ; (METHOD SHARED-INITIALIZE :AROUND (ELEPHANT:PERSISTENT-METACLASS T))
[snip]

----- End forwarded message -----