[elephant-devel] indexing in elephant

Arjun Mullick arjunmullick at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 09:07:28 UTC 2009

Hello,

1. we wish to make an application that stores relations basically
subject-predicate-object
   For example : Force-dependson-mass, Force-dependson-acceleration,
whale-isa-mammal.

2. What we have decided is to make separate persistent class for each
predicate. For example
   in the examples given above we have two predicates "dependson" and "isa".

3. (defpclass dependson ()
             ((subject :accessor subject)
             (predicate :accessor predicate)
             (object :accessor object)))

4. How do I index a slot so that later if I have a query where I have been
provided with two slot values I should be able to get the third slot value.
For example: Force-dependson-? should return "mass" and "acceleration".

   We are refering to the elephant.pdf downloaded from the documentation
section
of the elephant website

Thank you
Arjun Mullick