[elephant-devel] Close all stores on exit

Red Daly reddaly at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 00:02:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Leslie P. Polzer
<sky at viridian-project.de>wrote:

> > That sounds like a good idea.  I've never had problems with recovery
> > or recovery time in my sites, but it is good practice to shut down
> > cleanly.
>
> It's more of a problem in a multi-process environment:
>
> As soon as one process initiates recovery then the other process has
> to be restarted (the stores cannot be closed either when it's come
> to that).

Just for the record, whenever there is a power-outage or other crash my
recoveries take about 30 minutes.  Since this only happens every few months,
it is no big deal.  I am able to avoid long recoveries by running
db_checkpoint every minute or so on the database.  I also run db_deadlock to
prevent deadlocks.

This enhancement is appreciated. thanks

Red