UFFI/win32 problems (was: Re: [elephant-devel] Class Heirarchies and Queries)

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 18:53:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Elliott Slaughter <
elliottslaughter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:28 AM, Leslie P. Polzer <sky at viridian-project.de
> > wrote:
>

>> > I am a little confused: there doesn't seem to actually be a function
>> called
>> > "db_env_get_max_objects" in libberkeley-db.c (although I do see
>> > "db_env_get_lk_max_objects"), but ele-bdb.asd loads fine under
>> > linux(x86-64)/SBCL and win32/Allegro. Where is "db_env_get_max_objects"
>> > actually coming from?
>>
>> Err, yes. Good question. How about removing this alien?
>>
>> # Following line added by [Add max lock configuration to BDB
>> # eslick at common-lisp.net**20080516185155]
>>  (def-function ("db_env_get_max_objects" %db-env-get-max-objects)
>>
>> Doesn't seem to be used by other code.
>

> Yeah, removing that form and the one below (wrap-errno
> db-env-get-max-objects ...) allows ele-bdb to load fine and seems to fix the
> problem. Thanks.

After looking at the code for db-set-env-get-max-objects, I believe the
reference to "db_env_get_max_objects" should really have been
"db_env_get_lk_max_objects".
I have attached a bundle with three patches against elephant-unstable: one
correcting a typo in a comment in elephant.asd, one fixing the alien problem
above, and one with the minimal changes I needed to get elephant running on
win32/SBCL.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere." - Frank
Herbert