[elephant-devel] Class Heirarchies and Queries

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 22:01:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Leslie P. Polzer
<sky at viridian-project.de>wrote:

> > debugger invoked on a UNDEFINED-ALIEN-ERROR:
> >   Undefined alien: "db_env_get_max_objects"
>
> Can you confirm that UFFI on win32/SBCL works in other cases?

I can't confirm that win32/SBCL is an "officially supported" platform for
UFFI, but I can say that Elephant 0.9.1 worked just fine after minimal
changes.

Can you find the alien by using SBCL's FFI directly?

I am a little confused: there doesn't seem to actually be a function called
"db_env_get_max_objects" in libberkeley-db.c (although I do see
"db_env_get_lk_max_objects"), but ele-bdb.asd loads fine under
linux(x86-64)/SBCL and win32/Allegro. Where is "db_env_get_max_objects"
actually coming from?

Thanks.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere." - Frank
Herbert