[elephant-devel] Elephant Dependency on Bordeaux Threads

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 17:26:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Alex Mizrahi <killerstorm at newmail.ru>wrote:

> > why not just move the dependency into the elephant-tests system
> definition?
>
> yep we could make it more fine-grained, i think, but what is a problem with
> bordeaux-threads anyway? iirc it just works via dummy functions if
> threads are not supported by implementation, so it's totally safe

It's mainly just an annoyance for me, since I already had a package
nicknamed :bt, which bordeaux-threads interferes with.

But even ignoring that, I wouldn't want to enforce a dependency on something
that isn't actually necessary.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere." - Frank
Herbert