[elephant-devel] Class Heirarchies and Queries

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Tue Sep 16 11:22:50 UTC 2008

 ??>> Section
 ??>> 2.10 of the manual mentions that you can "query a base class of type
 ??>> people to get subclass instances such as employee, manager,
 ??>> consultant, etc".
 ??>> I happen to need to do exactly that, but I can't actually find the
 ??>> appropriate section in the manual.

 LPP> I don't know where that section is (if it exists at all),

there is no such thing in "old" version for sure, i dunno about "new
version" though.
definitely this is an important thing, without that queries suck.

while it's fairly easy to implement it for get-instances-by-class,
things are more tricky for "-by-range" queries because they need to be
sorted,
and even more tricky for "map-*" level.

as i've mentioned once, i have sort of "combined cursors" implementation,
with it we can support this "subclass aggregation" on low level map-*
queries,
so get-instances-* will get it almost automatically, and stuff will be
properly ordered etc.

so do you people think that inheritance support on map level is a right
thing?