[elephant-devel] Elephant on Windows/SBCL?

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Sat Sep 13 08:49:33 UTC 2008

> Which is caused by using sb-posix:chdir in in-directory because sb-posix
> doesn't exist in win32 builds of SBCL. I can't seem to find any quick fixes,
> but http://brainrack.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/running-sbcl-on-windows/ might
> help.

Yes, those alternative implementations seem to be just what you need.

> How much work would it be to get Elephant to work on Windows/SBCL? Do you
> need threads or anything else that just isn't available for Windows on SBCL?

Threads shouldn't be required.

The UFFI homepage doesn't mention SBCL/Win32 as a working platform.
Not sure if that really means anything, though.

> Or is it just that no one happens to test that combination of platforms?

I'm not doing any development on win32 if I can avoid it.

I'd be willing to support your efforts to the best I can, though,
even if it means setting up SBCL under win32.

  Happy hacking,

    Leslie

--
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/polzer