[elephant-devel] Ditching Darcs

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Tue Oct 28 13:23:31 UTC 2008

 LPP> The only major problem with it is that the Postmodern backend
 LPP> hasn't kept up with the schema evolution changes.

hm, what do you mean? i thought it works reasonably well, as there
are just a handful of glitches to left resolve, but i won't call that "a
major problem".
 or am i missing something?

i've just updated repo elephant-unstable and ran tests with postmodern
(i have few local changes but i don't think they make difference):

 Did 462 checks.
    Pass: 460 (99%)
    Skip: 1 ( 0%)
    Fail: 1 ( 0%)

 Failure Details:
 --------------------------------
 SIMPLE-EXPLICIT-ASSOC-SETUP []:
      Unexpected Error: #<SIMPLE-ERROR {C177871}>
There is no class named PJASSOC...
 --------------------------------

 Skip Details:
 SIMPLE-EXPLICIT-ASSOC []:
     Dependencies not satisfied.

actually it seems to be quite chaotic -- i have different set of errors
each time i run a test suite. but i guess that is either a problem
with tests or a problem with my SBCL, because i also get problems
with BDB backend.

heh, running it one more time left no errors:

 Did 462 checks.
    Pass: 462 (100%)
    Skip: 0 ( 0%)
    Fail: 0 ( 0%)

really there's some BS with tests..

 LPP> There were still some deca of failing tests when I last tried
 LPP> it.

and no problems with BDB and CLSQL, if you run it on a clean DB,
and afterwards on less clean?

 LPP> Maybe it makes sense to have two releases: 091.1 for all
 LPP> who wish to use Postmodern (a snapshot of the current stable)
 LPP> and 092 for all who are content with CLSQL or BDB.

yep, as for me that makes sense..