[elephant-devel] Cached slots

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Sat May 17 21:34:04 UTC 2008

I just pushed a patch implementing the cached-slot model I described
earlier.  I haven't fully exercised it, but it basically works.  You
can simply tell an instance what you want it to do with slots by
setting (setf (cache-mode instance) :all-cached)  Other options
are :none-cached, :write-through and :index-write-through.  Index
cached slots are not supported, but will be easy to add later.

Feel free to play - Leslie I'd love to see if this fits your use
case.  This may give us many of the benefits of prevalence / managed
objects.  If you used the all-cached option, then you can have a very
long running transaction without exhausting, for example, BDB cache
memory or locks.