[elephant-devel] Cached slots and other tweaks for 1.0

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Mon May 12 14:23:31 UTC 2008

> - Currently cached slots are not rolled back to their initial value if
> transaction aborts.  I can add a facility to push the cached value on
> the initial read into a per-transaction list that can be used to reset
> the cached slots on an abort.

Would it be possible to automatically restore the cached slots
on a failed transaction? This would be the most transparent
behaviour IMHO.

> - Currently there is no way to 'refresh' the instance to get data from
> the db or to force reads to go to the db instead of the cached value.
> Any suggestions on a model & interface for doing this?

Hm, what's the use case for this, assuming that the cache works
correctly?

> 4) the my-config.sexp file is not created by default, should we add an
> option to
>     auto-create it either as a restart option or just by warning that
> one was created?

It depends. IME the current config.sexp is mainly a thing for the
BDB backend, so it's pretty useless for other backend users.

I'm all for auto-creating and warning.

  Leslie