[elephant-devel] strange bug related to psets

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sat May 10 17:49:14 UTC 2008

Ian Eslick <eslick at media.mit.edu> writes:

> This happens in your application, or only in the tests?  Can you give
> me the exact sequence and state you use to reproduce?  Do you have a
> fresh lisp & fresh DB?  Does it still show up if you close the store,
> open a fresh one, and try again?  There is likely to be some state
> somewhere and identifying the environmental dependencies should help
> us localize where that is.

This happened to me too after closing and opening the database during
testing in a program of mine. Empty psets created after some point
would be filled with what looked like the oids of recently created
objects, and they were the same on every run.

My database deletion procedure was to close the store, delete the bdb
files, and then connect again creating a fresh database.

Alas, I removed the psets and used derived indices now so I can't post
the code that triggered this. I do have the old version using psets in
my darcs revision history so I might be able to set up a repo and
revert things back there though.

--
                     How can you accept social supression
                      This weak state of mind in our time