[elephant-devel] Re: Postmodern, Act II

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Sat May 3 13:52:44 UTC 2008

 ??>> this cache mode (and postmodern backend in general) is oriented on
 ??>> webserver-like workload -- each web request always is wrapped into
 ??>> transaction. if request does no DB activity, that's OK -- starting txn
 ??>> overhead is not that significant on scale of typical HTTP request
 ??>> time. but many requests reads lots of values from database -- on
 ??>> thousands scale -- and sync cache makes big difference for this case.

 LPP> This is interesting, I'm going to try it. Thanks.
 LPP> I'd still consider the CURRVAL issue a bug that needs to be solved,
 LPP> though.

yep, you are right -- it's not good if system breaks in some situations if
caching is enabled, even if those situations are deprecated usage.
 i'll try to fix it when i'll get to it..