[elephant-devel] Newbie question: Index on collections

Marc klists at saphor.de
Sat May 3 07:56:15 UTC 2008

Marc wrote:
> Ian Eslick wrote:
>> Great!  Actually in writing the following e-mail, I realized that
>> this had forced me to think through a bunch of things and so I wrote
>> a version of the functionality in associations.lisp and just checked
>> it in.
>>
>> Start playing with, reading and commenting on what's wrong with it.
>> For example, I'd like a better API for adding/removing items from
>> slots than overloading (setf (accessor instance) related-instance).
>> I left a commented API proposal in the source code for you to look at.
>>
>> There are still bugs that I haven't thought through that will crop up
>> when you change classes, redefine classes, etc.  Let me know what you
>> think.
> Thanks for the file and the documentation in this mail. Starting from
> this I'll now begin to dig into it and try to grope my way around.
>
> As to timing: this week is somewhat busy due to a conference, but I
> still hope for some time in between sessions.
I fear that the delay has been much longer than anticipated --- it has
been very busy ever after the conference ---, but no w I hope finally to
find some time --- provided that the issue is not long obsolete.

Best regards,

Marc

P. S.: I've noticed that there have been few changes in the unstable
branch lately, but many more in the stable one. Which one is the one to
work on for this right now?