[elephant-devel] Postmodern, Act II

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Fri May 2 19:41:31 UTC 2008

I suppose we have fixed a very large percentage of bugs in the
vanilla code base. Let's move on to the (global) sync cache.

With this enabled I sometimes get

  Database error 55000: currval of sequence "txn_id" is not yet
  defined in this session

After a new request it works. I seem to get these errors only
after certain periods of idleness (probably 10 to 30 minutes).

This should be easy to fix, either by using NEXTVAL all the time
(not sure whether this will work or whether this is good at all)
or by ensuring that at least one NEXTVAL precedes usage of CURRVAL.

I'll look into it.

  Leslie