[elephant-devel] Re: Updated version of last Postmodern patch bundle

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Wed Mar 19 18:49:00 UTC 2008

> ok, but it was not excluded (probably if you do not write in-suite it
> appends tests into prev suite)
> and it confused me quite a lot, because i did not know where errors are
> coming from.

Sorry; the original patch put the thing in a separate suite (which works
correctly by itself) but also put the suite into elephant-tests, which
was wrong.

I sent a small correction this week.

Again, sorry for the time wasted at your end.

>  LPP> Open a store controller before running them and it'll work.
>
> i've made it working this way:
>
>   (let ((sc *store-controller*))
>     (declare (special *store-controller*))
>     (dotimes (batch 20)
>       (dotimes (i 5)
>          (bt:make-thread (lambda ()
>          (let ((*store-controller* sc))
>            (declare (special *store-controller*))
>            (dotimes (i 5)
>

> or you have a better idea?

Looks good, but let's also check for the type of backend store
so we can abort if it's not BDB with deadlock detection or PM.

This way we can also enable it for the public.

  Leslie