[elephant-devel] Re: Updated version of last Postmodern patch bundle

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Wed Mar 19 16:26:17 UTC 2008

Slot access to indexed slots are somewhat hairy at present.

I think they are much simpler in the unstable branch and so deadlock
may be less of an issue in the past.  Deadlock is certainly likely to
happen if the set of operations to update an indexed slot is not
wrapped in a transaction.  I was careful to add ensure-transaction
wrappers around everything so that would be the case, but it's
certainly possible I missed some path.

I'd love to see a reproducible deadlock test, even if it had to run
for awhile.

Cheers,
Ian