[elephant-devel] Updated version of last Postmodern patch bundle

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Fri Mar 7 21:08:45 UTC 2008

Dear Henrik,

> 2008/3/7 Leslie P. Polzer <leslie.polzer at gmx.net>:
>>
>>  Amendments:
>>
>>  * handle pg error 23505 (duplicate primary key race condition)
>>  * some notes on handled errors
>>  * removed dbpm-error condition
>
> Does these fix the problems you reported earlier?

I believe this fixes every error I experienced except for "prepared
statement already exists", which seems to occur only in certain rare
cases (however, I will eventually fix this one, too).

> Since Alex Mizrai is updating the postmodern code right now, are you
> discussing with each others about changes you make? I don't know if
> you work on the same things.

We are not discussing off-list right now; I'm waiting for his response
to my question on what he's working on.

I just fixed what I needed to since I can't sleep well with potential
errors lurking in my storage backend :)

> deftest (rt style) is now redefined as a macro that expands to 5am:test
> How are you running them?

By evaluating (do-backend-tests).

> You define a suite with (in-suite* ) in 5am

I did so but haven't enabled the line, believing that commenting
it out will require the user to run the tests in the file explicitly.

I seem to be mistaken here.

> You can either specify a suite name or a single test with
> (do-test-spec 'test-or-suite)

Yes, this works as it should.
The problem is that the concurrency tests shouldn't be included
in the standard backend test suite which gets run by DO-BACKEND-TESTS.

  Leslie