[elephant-devel] Major elephant upgrade

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Wed Mar 5 04:54:33 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 22:38 -0500, Ian Eslick wrote:
> = Schema evolution and synchronization (Robert?)
>    Most of the hooks are here, but tying up all the loose ends will
> take some sustained concentration

I'll try to help with this.  Next week is our spring break and my family
is vacationing elsewhere without me.

I think we should let darcs do the work for us.  If we just put a tag on
darcs now, you should feel free to check your stuff in for the purpose
of communicating it to me and the other volunteers who will soon respond
to your call.

There is a small chance we might have to back out some or all of your
changes.  So long as people can easily reach the state of the code right
now (before your major changes), then we can treat the head as flexible.

We have a lot of bug fixes and postmodern stuff in the current tip of
the head; we just need to make sure that we can recover to that point if
necessary, or to make an intermediate release.