[elephant-devel] Manual interfaces to indexing

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Tue Mar 4 20:05:38 UTC 2008

Does anyone use the manual index interface (enable/disable class
indexing, add-class-slot-index, etc) for anything other than derived
indices?

I'm thinking of removing this interface and instead require a re-
evaluation of the defclass form for any changes to indexing, etc.  It
dramatically cuts down on the API complexity and test cases I have to
support and further, in the multi-store world, it's simpler to have
the class definition be a golden reference.  Especially since there is
now a different slot definition metaclass for indexed slots.

Comments appreciated, or forever hold your peace.  :)