[elephant-devel] Converting MIGRATE to BACKUP

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Tue Mar 4 01:00:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 09:59 -0500, Ian Eslick wrote:
> It might make sense to just have it be a separate common-lisp.net
> project.  We can have an optional elephant module that adds the
> appropriate dependencies and wraps it into the Elephant framework.
> (Perhaps a contrib for now until the features stabilize?)
>
> Ian

I agree it makes sense as a separate project.  In fact, the existing
Elephant serializer would warrant being its own project if there was
anyone interested it.  I say that not because our serializer is great,
but just because that's a highly reusable piece of code for many
purposes...and there is lots of opportunity for apply compression
technology there.

However, we can certainly but it in a "contrib" directory if nobody
wants to go through the rigamarole of creating a new project.