[elephant-devel] Duplicate values in PM-BTREE-INDEX

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Mon Jun 23 12:16:27 UTC 2008

I don't understand this snippet in pm-btree.lisp (MAKE-TABLE):

(when (duplicates-allowed-p bt)
  (cl-postgres:exec-query (active-connection)
                          (format nil "create unique index ~a_idx on ~a(qi,value);"
                                  (table-of bt)
                                  (table-of bt))))

Why make the index unique when the btree allows duplicates?
This breaks inverted indices with duplicate values.

Removing the 'unique' qualifier lets it still pass all tests
plus making duplicate values work like they should.

I work with stable, but I guess the new code still has this.

  Leslie