[elephant-devel] Documentation Updates

Glenn Tarcea gtarcea at umich.edu
Fri Jun 20 15:17:46 UTC 2008

Attached are updates to the documentation. Specifically I updated:

1. Section: Setting Up Berkeley DB - to include the additional flags
(:berkeley-db-max-locks and :berkeley-db-max-objects) along with
their descriptions and updated the list of of parameters in the my-
config.sexp

2. Added a new section under Installation titled "Using Multiple
Versions Of Elephant" that describes how to use ASDF to allow
multiple versions of Elephant to be installed on a single system

3. Made a change to one of the Scenarios where the class was system-
object, but the methods were referring to system-state (Section:
Persistent System Objects)

4. Put placeholders in for the different slot types, titled:
      Using Cached Slots
      Using Indexed Slots
      Using Derived Indexed Slots
      Using Set Valued Slots

5. Added a write up based on Ian's email on Association Slots titled
"Using Association Slots"

6.  Updated the Section (4) titled "Berkeley DB Data Store":
     a. to include references to the new my-config.sexp parameters
     b. Updated the open-store parameters to include :max-
locks :cachesize and :max-objects
     c. Updated performance tuning to quickly describe what berkeley-
db-max-locks, and objects do
     d. Show an example call to open-store using :max-locks and :max-
objects
     e. Updated performance tuning to include a reference to the
Berkeley-DB parameters that max-locks and max-objects refer to and to
point the user at DB_CONFIG for additional information.

Can someone send me a quick example or jot down a few notes on using
Cached and Set Valued slots?

Are Derived Indexed Slots still pertinent (I recall a lot of
discussion regarding them but don't recall what the outcome was).

More documentation updates later.

Thanks,

Glenn