[elephant-devel] Re: CL-SQL and Postmodern & dup-btree

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Tue Jun 10 18:24:26 UTC 2008

 IE> Enabling many dup-btrees to be created/destroyed is an important
 IE> performance issue for all the new features of elephant.

dup-btrees? i thought it's about psets..

pset is created for each instance of object with set-value slot, so there
could be tons of them.

but dup-btrees are created only one per slot definition, so it's not
critical.

or i've missed something and dup-btrees are created for each instance in
some case?

btw, i haven't found any tests related to set-valued slots. do they exist?

 IE>  I know Alex  mentioned this should be possible but he hadn't done it
yet.

if we want to improve allocation of psets, that should be fairly easy with
single dup-btree
for all of them, and perhaps code will even be portable between cl-sql and
postmodern.

but improving allocation of dup-btrees will be sort of challenging..