[elephant-devel] remove-current-kv does not work as advertised!

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Wed Jun 4 15:18:56 UTC 2008

remove-current-kv assumes a fix to cursor-delete that robert and I
talked about that I forgot to do.

My proposal for this was to change the semantics so that the
consequences of cursor operations that assume the data is valid (i.e.
other than next/prev, etc) are undefined.  In this way the cursor is
still valid after a delete, but only certain operations are guaranteed
to work.  In a normal map operation, the map function would exit and
be called on the next item in the sequence.

Will these semantics work for postmodern?

Ian