[elephant-devel] Problem with errno in %DB-ENV-CREATE

Leonardo Varuzza varuzza at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 03:44:27 UTC 2008

Hello,

If I change the declaim in the top of berkeley-db.lisp to (safety 3)
(debug 3), I got this error from SBCL 1.0.17 on AMD64:

invalid number of arguments: 1
   [Condition of type SB-INT:SIMPLE-PROGRAM-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT-REQUEST] Abort handling SLIME request.
  1: [TERMINATE-THREAD] Terminate this thread (#<THREAD "repl-thread"
{10033483B1}>)

Backtrace:
  0: (DB-BDB::%DB-ENV-CREATE 0)[:EXTERNAL]
  1: (DB-BDB::DB-ENV-CREATE)

Using the normal optimization settings I got the error:

Unhandled memory fault at #x4020002.

Which is exactly the address of the variable errno in the C-function
db_env_cr.  Maybe the error is caused by 64 C code.

Anybody is using elephant in a 64 machine?

--
The most fundamental particles in this product are held together by a
"gluing" force about which little is currently known and whose