[elephant-devel] 5am tests

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Tue Jul 29 12:57:28 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Leslie P. Polzer <leslie.polzer at gmx.net> wrote:

>> How about using lift for testing. It is well supported, and creates nice reports.
>
> I think in the context of Elephant either 5am and Lift would be fine.
>
> All or most tests are in the form that rt expects, with only a thin
> layer of 5am adapter above.

Yes most but not all. One of the main problems with rt is that the
list of tests needed an
implicit order of execution, so for some tests I have used the elegant
5am feature of
providing a list of dependencies directly in the test definition. This
enables you to rerun
a single test without running all of the testcases, and it makes you
document the implicit
ordering of the tests.

This great feature is something I believe Lift lacks.

Also, I think I have some random test that 5am provides, but I think
Lift has something
similar.

> How about you hacking Lift support?
Then on my wishlist add the dependency tracking option that 5am has,
it would be a good
contribution to Lift.

Or, maybe you can help fix arnesi for windows or remove the dependency
of arnesi
for 5am, I don't know how much it uses arnesi, I don't think it is much.

Is Lift without difficult dependencies? When I used cl-markdown also
by Gary King I know it
changed a lot of things in the running Lisp with some MOP tweakings.

/Henrik Hjelte