[elephant-devel] Deferred indexing

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Fri Jul 25 14:40:16 UTC 2008

I looked at doing this earlier when I was implementing the proxy
mechanism for elephant.  The assumption of persist values on each slot
access is pretty baked into Elephant.  You'd have to get inside the
slot access protocols, initialization protocols and who knows what
else.  If you can see a reasonably simple solution to this, I'm all
for it, but I wasn't able to see it the last time I looked.

Also, I think there are bigger fish to fry here for now...

Ian