[elephant-devel] Next issue, this time with Postmodern backend

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Tue Feb 26 19:18:02 UTC 2008

Ah, you have alot of short-lived threads?  A quick look at pm-
controller.lisp seems to indicate that pm-postmodern does not close
connections when the thread closes.

Perhaps you can add a function to do this explicitly or better, simply
scan through active threads and cull any connections for which the
opening thread has been terminated.  If you do this only when a new
connection is being opened, and the thread count is reasonable, this
should be cheap.  I think there are some lisp-independent thread
abstractions in elephant-utils.  If not, we might import one for (get-
all-threads) and some unique identifier per thread.

Check out pm-controller.lisp for details.

Ian