[elephant-devel] Tutorial revision

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Tue Feb 26 12:43:43 UTC 2008

About a month ago I sent a patch for the tutorial, stating that
get-instance(s)-by-value uses EQUALP.

Today I noticed that this is not correct, and in fact the
used equality relation will be determined by the backend.

Attached patch changes it to reflect this.

Slightly related to this... it would definitely make sense
to make this user-defined (at the cost of some performance,
it seems) and add things like :LIMIT and
:INCLUDE-SUBCLASSES-P to the MAP-* family resp. to the
indexed object collectors. I'd volunteer for the latter two,
but I'm not sure whether it would really make sense to
integrate this now. After all, the upcoming query interface
would make those additions obsolete, wouldn't it?

  Leslie