[elephant-devel] Re: BDB vs postmodern

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Thu Feb 21 13:08:02 UTC 2008

 IE> Is this caching something that we could import into BDB?

it is pretty easy to add caching inside one transaction or accross
transactions assuming there is only one instance (and one thread) working
with database. we can have this part implemented in the core and shared
among backends..

cache that works accross transactions and supports multiple concurrent
instances connected requires tracking changes (for examle, on btree level)
and storing them in the database -- that requires considerable amount of
work and is backend-specific. given that it should have much less effect on
BDB, probably it's not worth implementing.