[elephant-devel] Re: QDBM Support

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Fri Feb 15 08:10:43 UTC 2008

 RLR> I think SQLite is faster than PostGres on our test suite.  It is my
 RLR> understanding that this is perhaps possible because it provides much
 RLR> weaker concurrency control.

i don't think concurrency control is in effect here. on postgresql side all
is very fast!

PostgreSQL could be slower because it has networking overhead.
or because it had bugs in cursor implementation.

i've re-implemented cursors, and performance is much smoother now. but this
patches didn't go into main repository yet -- somehow you've ignored patches
that Henrik have sent on 08.01.2008.

i think it doesn't have sence to apply them now, though -- Henrik already
has updated patches that work better (that famous instances reinitialization
stuff got fixed), so, i think, one day he'll post them to the mailing list,
and you can apply them :)