[elephant-devel] Re: notify_btree_update type error

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Wed Feb 13 18:45:19 UTC 2008

 EN> I apologize if I've overlooked something obvious, but is the current
 EN> darcs Elephant with the current darcs Postmodern backend working with
 EN> Postgres 8.3?

i suspect nobody tested it. i'm not sure if i'll be able to test it in near
future, because it's not yet in Debian packages..

 EN> I've been getting the error "Database error 42883: function
 EN> notify_btree_update(integer, bigint) does not exist" when I try to
 EN> store anything, and am trying to ascertain whether this is related to
 EN> the Postgres version or something else.

this could happen if you've created store with "old code" (three monthes ago
or so) and use it with a new code.
is that possible?

function notify_btree_update is created when creating new store with
ele-global-sync-cache support (maybe something gone wrong with new version
of PostgreSQL..)
 you can do this manually via PostgreSQL command line:

CREATE FUNCTION notify_btree_update (id integer, the_key text) RETURNS void
AS $$
BEGIN END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

or you can disable ele-global-sync-cache -- comment out (pushnew
:ele-global-sync-cache cl::*features*) in pm-sql.lisp and recompile the
stuff.