[elephant-devel] QDBM Support

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Wed Feb 13 14:40:21 UTC 2008

Does QDBM have inverted indices that work against their main BTrees?
The Odium API looks like me like it is specialized on text data.

You can do range queries over B-trees with several of QDBM's
interfaces, but it doesn't look like the system links to the value
indexed by a primary key from one BTree to another...  That would
require a separate BTree lookup for each secondary index lookup rather
than a simple pointer chase.

I'm sure this could be done, but I don't know what the end-to-end
performance implications are, how easy it would be to do, etc.  I
suspect that the BDB implementation is a good template, so if you
wanted to take on this problem I'd be happy to help.  Henrik did a
pretty good job of doing his own data store implementation without
much input from us, so it is possible!  :)

Ian