[elephant-devel] QDBM Support

Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy ranga at mmsindia.com
Wed Feb 13 04:58:00 UTC 2008

Hi,
I recently purchased LispWorks for Windows. Downloaded Elephant and was able to make it work with BDB. Thanks (and congrats!) for such a nice package. I have heard that QDBM is much better than BDB in terms of performance and does not have the same licensing issues (there are royalty payments for embeding BDB in an application). Do you have any idea of supporting QDBM or another similar backend? I saw that you plan to develop a native implementation. That is great news, but when will that happen?

I am unable to use Allegro Common Lisp (and ACache) because of HUGE royalties, so I am looking at Elephant.

Regards,
Rangarajan