[elephant-devel] Another tiny documentation fix

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Sun Feb 10 16:08:00 UTC 2008

I have applied this diff, thank you.

It appears from the post that you are computing it against an "old" and
new" repository, presumably local copies that you have made.  This
prevents me from being able to apply the patches directly.

Although there may be circumstances in which you need to do that, in
general if you have a patch we want to compute it as a difference
between your local version and the "official" repository, which is the
url on common-lisp.net.  Darcs fully expects to work over the internet
against such a repository.

So what I do is just:

1)  Type in and test and my change as appropriate.
2)  Darcs record (a local operation)
3)  Darcs send -o deleteme-later.diff  (and that should just work, if
not you might have to add at the end:
http://www.common-lisp.net/project/elephant/darcs/elephant

Now the file deleteme-later.diff is ready to be mailed to me.

What I then do is ftp it onto the server, log in, and do:

darcs apply deleteme-later.diff.