[elephant-devel] Re: NIL values in secondary indices

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Sat Aug 9 11:18:08 UTC 2008

 LPP> Is there any sense behind this result? Are NIL values somehow
 LPP> special to the secondary indexing mechanism?

it is somehow special in map-index, and inherently in
GET-INSTANCES-BY-RANGE --
if start is NIL it starts from beginning, it end is NIL it iterates to the
end, so (NIL, NIL)
range should mean all the sequence. behaviour you're observing is wrong, i
guess.

 LPP> How should I find the missing instances with
 LPP> GET-INSTANCES-BY-RANGE?

question is _why_ should you use GET-INSTANCES-BY-RANGE when
you can do this via GET-INSTANCES-BY-VALUE?