[elephant-devel] Memutil

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Tue Apr 29 19:50:03 UTC 2008

This is a legacy component that plays very nicely with BDB.  It should
be possible to abstract over buffer-streams so you could put a
different serializer in place for, say, a lisp-only backend.  I
haven't been highly motivated to do this yet given there hasn't been a
driver for it.  Do you have a reason, other than good code hygiene,
for having such an abstraction?

It will have to be done eventually whenever we get to a proper lisp
backend, but I'd need a pretty compelling argument to put my own time
into this anytime soon.  I'm happy to review a patch however!  :)

Thanks,
Ian