[elephant-devel] Re: Re: Re: sqite3 - always increase database size

Aaron Feng aaron.feng at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 00:56:59 UTC 2008

Robert,

> This may seem silly and you may be beyond it, but the first thing you
> should do is just design a good object-oriented system without worrying
> about persistence at all.

I agree with what you are saying fundamentally.  However, I'm also a firm
believer in "eating your dog
food<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eat_one%27s_own_dog_food>"
when it comes to building software.  I would like to build something
incrementally and use it while I'm building it.  In order for this to happen
I need to be able to persist "business" objects in the application I'm
building.  The application I'm building is straight forward (simple), and
it's a way for me to explore elephant.

Aaron